NEWS

See all articles

Abu Dhabi's NPCC looks to co-operate with Chinese pair

EPC player signs deals with CPECC and CNCEC covering onshore and offshore projects

Abu Dhabi-based offshore fabrication player National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) has signed agreements with China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation (CPECC) and China National Chemical Engineering Corporation (CNCEC) to co-operate on onshore and offshore projects in the oil and gas sector.

NPCC signed memoranda of understanding (MoU) on Monday with the two companies on the sidelines of the World Energy Congress in Abu Dhabi.

The MoUs are aimed at “joint collaborative opportunities in both onshore and offshore oil and gas sectors, as well as other strategic areas of interest,” NPCC said.

UAE 'aiming for 70% carbon footprint cut' - Mazrouei

Read more

NPCC is Abu Dhabi’s largest offshore engineering, procurement and construction contractor and is hoping to expand its presence in the onshore EPC sector in collaboration with CPECC, industry sources suggested.

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) is progressing on its $10 billion plus Hail & Ghasha and Dalma sour gas development projects and one source indicated that NPCC could consider bidding in such ongoing Adnoc tenders along with the Chinese companies.

NPCC said that as per its agreement with CPECC, it “will explore potential opportunities to co-operate on projects that will create value for both companies.”

The MoU with CNCEC is aimed at co-operating on Adnoc projects and exploring “opportunities for financing services” on Abu Dhabi-based projects, NPCC added.

NPCC chairman Mohamed Rashed al-Hameli said the “two agreements will further drive the global ambition of NPCC to become one of the largest providers of EPC solutions for the energy sector".

Oil and gas sector 'needs $11 trillion of investment'

Read more

Hameli added that the MoUs would also help the company to expand its footprint in China, which is thought to be one of the largest growth markets for the energy sector.

CPECC in 2017 landed a substantial onshore EPC contract from Adnoc covering expansion work at the giant Bab field in Abu Dhabi. The onshore contract was understood to be valued between $1.7 billion and $1.8 billion.

NPCC is a joint venture between Senaat, an Abu Dhabi government holding company, and Consolidated Contractors International Company (CCIC), with Senaat holding 70% and CCIC the remaining 30%.

Latest news
Most read